Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Packing and Good Company

The countdown is now at five days and if you haven’t noticed yet, I’m trying to post an update or two each day leading up to the race with my thoughts and ramblings during the final preparation. Also, pictures will be plentiful starting Thursday so if you couldn’t care less about my posts but want to see what beautiful Idaho looks like, then stay tuned.

Today is an optional training day so I think I’m going to get a couple short high-intensity sets in before I head home to start packing. Yes, start packing. I’ve never been one to plan ahead so the fact that I’m packing 24 hours in advance is a big win in my book. Either way, for the first time in my life, I’m actually excited to sit down and organize everything into a suitcase. This is just another piece of the puzzle that makes this experience real.

Adding to that “real” factor – I had an amazing albeit brief chat with one of my best friends from Seattle last night and during said conversation, this friend (let’s call him Denny) told me, officially, that he’ll be braving the 4+ hour drive east to come visit me in Coeur D’Alene. And not only that, but another best friend of mine from Seattle (let’s call her Katie) might be joining him on the journey, although that’s still TBD depending on how well we can guilt her. If this all comes to fruition, I will be one of the happiest people on earth come Saturday. Prepping to race my first ever Ironman, lounging in a gorgeous/new city, enjoying the company of my loving parents, and now getting a visit from one/two of my favorite people in the world. Can’t get any better than that.

So that’s it for today. I’ll post a couple post-packing pictures tomorrow to impress you all with my organization skills and write a quick pre-travel entry but after that it’s going to be dispatches from the west coast (not so secretly my favorite coast).

No comments:

Post a Comment