Saturday, June 26, 2010

It's On

Reminder: to follow me tomorrow, go to www.ironman.com or for live video coverage of the finish line (which I'll hopefully be crossing before 11:59 ET), go to http://ironmanlive.com/audiovideo.php?race=coeurdalene&year=2010.

_ _ _

It’s weird to finally write this down but this will be my last post before tomorrow’s race. All my training, planning, and preparing culminates in a lonely and painful (approximately) 14 hours.

I wish I could say there are hundreds of emotions running through me right now. But to be completely honest, after a heartbreaking day of US soccer and months spent worrying, my emotional capacity is at a minimum. I’ll save what I have for a few minutes before the race and the final hours before the finish line.

For now, I’ll leave you with a thank you to everyone who has supported me, teased me (in a good way), followed me, and wished me well. You’ve made the past six months a fun experience and well worth the work. I promise that for the next few weeks, I’ll avoid my bike and those long training days, instead opting for beers with all of you.

1 comment: