Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Landon Donovan and Tracking

Talk about a way to be sent off to Idaho. Landon Donovan’s goal in the 91st minute of today’s soccer game might have just marked the beginning of what will hopefully be the best week of my life. And yes, I care more about World Cup soccer than almost anything so this was a HUGE deal for me. Hell, I almost care more about this tournament than I do my race. Seriously, if you asked me if I would sacrifice finishing this race for the US playing in the championship game of the World Cup, I’d say – where do I sign. Thankfully I won’t have to make that decision but you get the point.

In other news, for those of you interested in tracking me during the race, you can go to http://ironman.com/ and follow me (Justin Nunez #201). Don’t be alarmed by the delay though. For plenty of events, their site is an hour or two behind so when my time hasn’t registered for one of the splits, chances are it is because the race site isn’t fast, not because I’ve dropped out (hopefully). For better updates, follow @Justin_Nunez on Twitter because I’m going to attempt to teach my parents how to tweet via phone so they can give updates throughout the day on my progress and how good/bad I look each time I pass them.

No comments:

Post a Comment