Tuesday, June 15, 2010

12 Days

The day is almost here and thanks to the World Cup, the past week has flown by in the blink of an eye. With three games each day and enough media coverage to keep me busy reading and/or watching every night after work, the days of worrying about the big race are behind me. Now it’s just excitement and planning, and more planning.

I can’t wait to hop on that plane and spend some quality time with 2,000 of my closest triathlete friends and I’m more than ready to enjoy a few days of down time with my parents. Even though technically it has only been four months, it’s felt like double that since I’ve been back home. Five days with my parents will be the perfect remedy for any homesickness I’m starting to feel and while it’s no Greensboro, I’m looking forward to seeing if Coeur D’Alene is just as beautiful as they say it is.

I guess it’s a good thing I have over 6 hours on the bike to enjoy the beauty of two lakes and miles of green scenery.

As for the specific goal bike time, this one is more of a mystery depending on my nutrition and how my body reacts to the weather. If you are following me online, I should be on the bike from 10:30-5:00ET so please send positive, non-boredom thoughts my way because I know there will be some long miles where I’ll be alone, fighting my own mind. Also, let’s hope the weather holds out because a rainy day vs. a cool sunny day could mean a 30-45 minute swing in my bike time.

Start bike – 8:25am
Finish first loop – 11:27am
Stop for a minute to tell my parents what kind of hell I’m in – 11:28am
Finish Bike – 2:32pm

1 comment:

  1. Cannot wait! Yes, the World Cup has provided great diversion but that weekend will be all about helping YOU suceed! You are already a champion in my book and your preparation has been immensely and awesomely inspiring to me. I'm no triathlete ... heck, I have trouble climbing stairs ... but I can't wait to see you out there on your new "pitch" with all those friends. Hang tough ... won't be long now! GO USA!

    ReplyDelete