Friday, June 25, 2010

Checking in from Idaho

Sorry for late post today folks. While I’d love to jot down all the different thoughts and emotions running through my head, I’m slowly fading and I need to get to bed early so I can wake up to meet the DC Tri crew for a morning swim. Here are a few quick highlights though to hold you over until tomorrow lengthy post:

My travel day wasn’t the best because I didn’t get my (as I requested) window seats but I was thrilled to touch down in Spokane, WA and see my parents waiting for me in the terminal. This region is so beautiful and I don’t think I’ll be getting tired of the oil-painting lake views. After walking around downtown a bit with my parents, I signed in and picked up my athletes packet and freebies. Going through the line to register and sign all those waivers was the first time this really hit me - I’m about to attempt my first Ironman. Afterwards, we grabbed a quick bite at a local grill and I left to go pickup my bike while my parents went to check in to the hotel. I almost had a major scare when the bike shipping company didn’t have me registered on their list but supposedly that happens a lot and a quick scan of the bikes from DC clarified the confusion and my Cervelo was back in my hands. From there, I rode back to the hotel to change and headed out for a quick ride around the course. Two revelations during the ride – my legs are feeling surprisingly well and this course is amazing/beautiful/breathtaking. After that, it was a quick trip to the grocery store, a relaxing dinner at the hotel, and a sunset drive around the run course to show my parents how amazing the views are.

Very busy day but very fun. There’s no messing around anymore. I’m here in Coeur D’Alene and it’s time to take care of business.



IMAG0225

IMAG0224

IMAG0232


IMAG0233


IMAG0236


IMAG0240

No comments:

Post a Comment