Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Family Visit

Today my sister stopped off in DC during her epic journey up and down the east coast. For those of you who don’t know her, she’s been living in Argentina for two years now and we’re desperately trying to get her back to the U.S. Sadly though, she refuses to leave her laid-back Latin American lifestyle so we must resort to enjoying these two months each year when she’s back home.

Therefore, training had to take a back seat today so I could show my sister around DC and take pictures at the monuments.

Hanging with Lincoln at Night


Afterward we joined my brother and his girlfriend for some amazing Pad Thai. It's been a while since I've eaten good Thai food so I was happy to stuff my face on a day off and not worry about going out for a run or jumping into a pool.  I'm sure this means I'll be hurting tomorrow when I hit it hard but until then, it was all worth it.

If there's one reason to sacrifice my training program it is for family.  They're a big reason why I train so hard and an even bigger motivation on those tough days. 

Stuffed After Thai Food


...Stay tuned for a possible race on Saturday.  The weather is calling for snow but I'm desperately trying to get in to the Cloud Snapple Half Marathon and test my improved run pace.  I'm probably foolish for wanting to sign up for this race but as long as I have a couple days break from all that Pad Thai, I'm confident I'll be fine.  Plus, I have no choice because I'm headed to rock climbing two hours after the race so I have to post a sub 7:40 pace if I want to make it in time.   

3 comments:

  1. Now you're getting crazy. Half marathon and THEN rock climbing. Sir Nunez, you are a machine. Good luck hermano!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you're so intense.

    one day. i'll be cool like you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice post and great pics of the sibs ... wish I'd been there for the Thai food, love that stuff ... good to have Alyson in the states but save your money and get to Argentina; it's an amazing place!

    ReplyDelete