Friday, June 3, 2011

Leaving Valencia

Typing from a Best Buy store in Valencia. Just spent the day here but already fell in love.  Thie architecture, the people, the food.  Sadly I only get 24 hours because at  the last minute (and thanks to a friend), I snagged one of the last tickets to see the Alhambra tomorrow.  I was wavering between going or not because it would cut my other city visits short but I know everyone would yell at me if I didnt so there you have it, Im in.  Theres also this tapas place Ive wanted to try in Granada so win win win.  Now if I can only find a place to watch the US vs. Spain game tomorrow night. 

Ill post more once I get to Sevilla on Sunday but for now its been quite the trip.  Im also wasting away with all this walking so once I get back to the US I will be stuffing my face with an entire pizza.  Ordering 6 or more tapas in one sitting here just doesnt seem ok.

3 comments:

  1. Love to hear about the adventures! Glad all is well but just don't move to Spain or Mom will have a cow (and I know you have not liked cows for a while). Good to know you're enjoying everything you're seeing ... maybe someday I'll be able to join you on an excursion. Take good care ... love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And I feel sure you will find a place to watch the US-Spain game ... there must be some expats somewhere, or you can use your outstanding espanol to get you a seat at a bar. Just don't get killed when you cheer for the USA USA ...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dude. Yes, ALHAMBRAAAAA!! And the hell with formalities, six tapas or more!! Do it.

    Before you leave Valencia, get some orange juice. And you're dad is right, be careful where you watch the game...USA is one of maybe three teams to have been Spain in the last 2 years...

    ReplyDelete