Friday, April 1, 2011

Biding Time

Updates, updates, updates.

After 5 full days of being sick last week, I’m finally back to my normal self and training again. I still can’t run for another couple weeks (doctors orders) but I’m getting to the pool and doing some low intensity riding whenever I can. Perfect excuse to hit the gym more and log the long hours less.

But seriously, I’ve been good and doing as much as possible. With soccer season (oh, and tri season) coming up, I need to make sure I don’t have any silly little injuries that could keep me from going hard.

The good news with my non-running schedule? I finally took the time to learn how to flip turn. Yes, I recognize how bad it is that I didn’t already know how to do flip turns but come on. I did water polo, not legit swimming. I never needed to know how. Finally though, thanks to some nagging/teasing from friends, I was taught how to effectively do a flip turn and save myself from daily embarrassment in the fast lane at the pool. I still have terrible technique and probably get made fun of for that but at least now I look less like a newbie.

That said, I have some travel plans to visit my long lost sister in Argentina on the horizon as well as a couple destination races that might be in the works. Until then, I’m counting down the days until I can step back on the soccer field.

1 comment:

  1. Take care of that foot ... and if you ever get to Orlando, Rowdy will perfect your flip turn AND your stroke ... love you!

    ReplyDelete