Monday, April 18, 2011

What a day. What a weekend.

This past weekend was my Doctor-approved date to start running again. Which, surprisingly, I actually listened to. Coincidentally, it aligned with the first day of BC alumni soccer season and meant I’d get to test out my ankle on my nemesis – field turf. Fortunately for me though, all signs show that the bone is fully healed and aside from a little weakness in that area, it felt good running around. Even more so, it felt good to be playing again. I’m paying for it today with a bunch of cleat marks and bruises all over my legs but if you ask me, there’s no better feeling. Heck, it’s even better than a runner’s high.

Then, as an added bonus, today was the best day of the year for all those Bostonians out there. Marathon Monday is like Christmas in Boston and while most years I regret not being up there, this year was even worse. A few of my friends were toeing the line for the first time and each of them killed it. Most notably, fellow coworker and speedster Michael (friend who qualified at Marine Corp Marathon in blistering fashion) ran a nasty 2:53:54. If that’s not motivation to chase my own personal BQ speed, then I don’t know what is.

Moral of the story, all signs are pointing forward. Soccer is ramping up, I’m back to hitting the roads and chasing the Boston dream (already signed up for another secret race today), and my first tri of the season is less than a month away.

1 comment: