Monday, April 25, 2011

Easter Weekend

This past weekend was another one of those that just comes together nicely. It’s no secret that I love hanging out at home and I’m frequently homesick; and four months was way too long to go without visiting Greensboro. So with an added day off for the Easter holiday, I rented a car and headed down south to visit the family.


(Home. And no, I have no clue why there is a gray line at the bottom of some of these photos)

My youngest brother, who is actually bigger than me, was back from college for the weekend so when I arrived on Thursday night, they were pleasantly surprised to see me walk through the door (oh yea, it was a surprise).

While I had grand intentions to eat healthy and run a lot, those hopes were quickly dashed when I ate about 20-30 cookies within the first 24 hours of being home. Yes, I know, I have a problem. Fortunately, between a brief run and plenty of yard work on Saturday, I did enough physical activity to warrant another set of 20-30 cookies. Oops.


(whoops, little too much tongue action in this one)


(my Dad with his gross beard he's growing out for some company challenge)

As for the rest of the trip, it was spent reminiscing, playing/watching sports, and looking at old photos. Some of which were too good not to post. Also, these will prove once and for all that I was taught from a young age to always make a face in pictures.



(big pimpin with little bro)


(best outfit ever?)


(me on the right)

To conclude the weekend, I spent Easter Sunday being active in DC and finally getting some normal training in. I managed to squeeze in some interval training on the bike and then I mustered up the courage to test my foot again. Four miles, decent pace, minimal soreness/weakness in my foot. I’ll call that a success. Albeit, my heart rate and lungs were on fire after not running for three-ish months.


(post run = perfect time for more pseudo-cookies)

Stay tuned for more posts this week. I might even find the time to do a whole week of training AND announce some of those secret races I mentioned earlier. Might.

1 comment:

  1. Nice pics ... nice overview ... but I'm thinking I should keep the beard since you like it so much. I need to learn how to get the old pics into my blogs ... maybe when I get my iPhone. Love you and love your blog ... proud of you, as always.

    ReplyDelete