Friday, February 5, 2010

Snowmageddon

As Washington prepares for yet another epic snowfall (predicting between 16 and 26 inches), I'm left scrambling to squeeze my workouts in so I don't miss an entire three days worth of training.  Running isn't that much of a problem because I'm willing to trek outside in my trail shoes and rack up some strong miles.  There is something very peaceful about running in DC when there's no one around and the monuments are covered in fresh snow.  Biking also isn't bad.  Yes, just like everyone, I despise spinning on the trainer for hours on end but it's the only option on these frigid days and I'll finally catch up on LOST and Friday Night Lights.  As for swimming, that's a big problem.  I've already neglected the pool for a few days this week and it's looking like that streak is going to extend past the weekend.  The only hope I have is if one of the DC public pools to stay open.  I give that a 10% chance at best.  

Needless to say it will be an interesting weekend.  I'll try to bring a camera with me on Saturday to document the run and all the monuments buried in snow so I can post them over the weekend and give you something better to look at beyond my boring ramblings.

Also, if you're in DC and haven't run in these snow storms before, I highly recommend it and would love the company.  I promise you won't regret it.

DC Weather Report

2 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see the pictures! Especially of the giant triathlon snowman. You better be posting some sooner than later ... i'm sitting here in Florida looking for a little winter love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Likewise, looking forward to the pics. Keep em coming!

    ReplyDelete