Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Day 1: Madrid

I have to go catch a bus so I have to keep this short but yesterday was a perfect start to the trip.

After arriving 3 hours late, I spent most of the day wandering around the city and getting lost over and over and over again.  Popping into little shops and restaurants whenever something looked good.  And after holding out on the lunch timing, I finally stuffed my face with different types of jamon iberico and a couple glasses of crianza.

Then, after getting lost a few more times, I finally made it to my friend's place to drop my stuff.  From there, we hopped around the city having beer, olives, and cockles at a place called Godki, then wine, pimientos pardon, setas come jamon, y salmajero at Fenegas, then from there it was (at midnight on a Monday no less) off to Al Mote - an awesome Flamenco bar where we spent the next 3 and a half hours watching a unique group of locals dance the night away while we sipped on Gin & Tonics.

I'm sure I forgot a few things in between and there is plenty left to tell but last night was the perfect start to a great trip.

Now on to Barcelona...

2 comments:

  1. Viva Barca! Viva Catalunya! Viva Messi!! Justin in Espanaaaaaaaaaaaa, tell us more!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nothing like eating and drinking your way through Madrid. Yeah, I'm jealous. Good to hear that the trip started off on the right foot ... you must have been channeling Mom's lack of direction there at the beginning, and then my love of eating later. Assume the drinking comes from your brothers and I'm sure you've been using your Spanish a la Alyson. So we're ALL there in spirit. Love you!

    ReplyDelete