Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Summer Plans

I just realized that with so few days left before a summer of adventure and change, I should lay out my summer plans in one spot so folks know what I’ll be doing. So without further ado, here is a breakdown of what could possibly be the greatest summer of my life:

May 29 – Depart to Madrid, Spain where I’ll make stops in Barcelona, Valencia, Sevilla, and possibly a few other towns along the way (Ronda, Granada, Toledo)

June 8 – Return to DC to do a little laundry and have a couple drinks with friends

June 9 – Depart to Santiago, Chile where I’ll spend most of my time visiting my sister in San Juan, Argentina but also check out Santiago and Valparaiso in Chile, as well as Mendoza and Moon Valley in Argentina.

June 20 – Fly all day long back to Washington, DC without any cell service (muahahaha)

June 21 – Arrive in Greensboro, NC and spend the entire time packing the car and tying us loose ends.

June 22 – Depart Greensboro and make my way out west (via the Midwest and PNW)

June 22/23 – Cincinnati to see my birthplace

June 24-27 – Minneapolis to visit all my relatives and a couple close friends

June 27-30 – Grand Tetons/Yellowstone to…no need to explain this one

June 28-July 3 – Seattle to visit two of my best friends Denny and Katie

July 4 – Portland to run a marathon

July 5 – July 9/10 – Slow drive down the California coast so that I can bike along highway 1 and enjoy all the gorgeous cities in between.

July 10ish – SAN DIEGO

July 23-30 – Fly back to North Carolina for a weeklong family (+MN relatives) vacation at the beach

So there you have it.  My epic summer with as much camping, lounging, drinking, running, sightseeing, eating, hiking, biking, socializing, and all around adventuring as possible.  Let's just hope this poster isn't exactly 100% true:



1 comment:

  1. I can't wait to hear about all of the awwesome adventures you will encounter. We'll still worry that you are so far away and always om your own and so out of touch (almost like a month-long birthday) ... but I pray that you will be safe and learning every step of the way. Look forward to seeing picture-proof of your journey ... love you and am always proud of you! You know how to live, with clear goals in mind ... that's an inspipration to all who know you!

    ReplyDelete