Friday, May 14, 2010

Redo

OK folks, for those following me on Twitter, you know that last week’s attempt at the last long run before June 27th was somewhat of a disaster. My three-hour journey turned into a mix of pit stops and stomach-settling jogs. In the end, I only ran 17 out of the intended 22 miles before my body just gave up on me. I was pretty pissed, and even though I learned quite a bit about my nutrition needs, I was beyond frustrated with my inability to push through the pain and finish the 22.

So now I’ve packed all the same gear, fixed some of last week’s pre-run nutrition mistakes, and freed up my Friday night plans (who am I kidding, training IS my Friday schedule) to hit the road again. I wish I knew my stomach would behave itself tonight but regardless, I won’t be coming back until my watch reads 3 hours and I’ve run my fun 22 mile route.

No comments:

Post a Comment